Wednesday, February 16, 2011

signs

Most of these signs i found over on the east side of town. A few of them are from the westside though. The first sign is for an automotive repair shop that i see every time i leave my girlfriend's apartment. The second sign is for ice and it hangs from a old-looking stone building. The rest of the signs are from a walk that i took through the sunnyside neighborhood. A couple of them i come across when i walk to the Farmer's Market over on Fourth Street. I really liked the laundry sign because my roomates and i live in a   trailer that doesn't have a washer or dryer and we find that we spend a lot of time and money at this laundermat. A few of these signs i found on a walk i took down an alley that runs parallel to fourth street. One of my favorites was a "No Trespassing" sign that had been painted over with green paint. Also, across the street from our trailer park there are two abandoned houses that look like the haven't been occupied for several years, they both have private property signs in front of them. I find it odd when such run-down houses have signs like this in front of them. Some of the signs that i found had Spanish translations under the English which was interesting to me as well. There was no real theme or common thread that ran through the signs that i chose other than my appreciation for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment